Monday, August 4, 2008

My Big Truck, Red Cup weekend






Hey everyone,

This weekend my friends decided to take me with them on a weekend trip to one of the lakes in Arizona. We left Friday afternoon and got back yesterday. The whole time I was there I kept thinking what all of you would think about all of it. Because I was having a culture shock, so I can only imagine. The huge trucks, the cheap American beer, the red cups, the fireworks they bring, the BBQs.

When we got there we were so busy talking that the sun went down and we still hadn’t put our tent up. This was great fun trying to do at 1:30 in the morning, and having help from our drunken neighbors.

Everyone there has their own boat. They buy all the parts and fix it themselves and then go out every weekend and on Saturdays too race. To bring their boats to the lake they ALL have really really really big trucks (don’t worry I took photos for you so you can see how big they were. I think the one with the ladder can give you an idea, or how my head doesn't reach the side mirror of the white one)

But it was a bit scary, these boats went up to 100 miles per hour which is about 160 kilometers per hour (I think). There was also cliff jumping, and a rope swing to jump into the lake. And a lot of people brought their water skis, jet skis, tubes………

The weather wasn’t so great though, I probably had to drink at least 10 bottles of water each day. One of my friends ran out of gas when he went out and he had to paddle back. Another friend’s battery died and they had to drive an hour to buy a new one. Another friend’s boat sunk in the water. And one hit a bolder in the water and broke his prop.

And now I’m back, and the funny thing is I’m still not used to being here. I don’t go more than 2 minutes without thinking of you guys. I miss you all, a lot. Wish I could be there to see you.

Kisses
Mahsa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!this truck is amazingggggggggggggggggg!but I still prefer Hector's van...hahaha!I miss you.

Sleepy head

Pd:did you receive my e-mail???

Anonymous said...

I prefer hector's van too. And i miss grandma's.

lol(lots of love)
haha

Mahsa

Anonymous said...

Hector's family is trying to rent grandma's out. I can resist no longer: im gonna hire it!haha!jk

i miss you and grandma's.

Sleepy head

Fuso Trucks said...

Looks like a wonderful day. Nice pictures.